Friday, November 12, 2010

Sustained Word Vomit.

Good morning bloggers and readers alike
It's 5.19 AM, and having had a slight case of insomnia, I found myself miraculously on facebook.
You know what I hate? People who post up pictures of themselves on facebook and caption it 'ME :D'. Nooo. Really, genius? Who else would it be. It's only natural that any photo you post up as YOUR display picture on YOUR facebook page would be of you. The only time you would need to specify who the person in said photograph is would be when they're not you, a drink, food, friends, nails, feet, or some other part of your body where I would need clarification to the identity of the person. Even then, tags are sufficient. Captions are reserved for descriptions of the place, time, and happenings of the picture, or other related nonsense.

And why the smiley face? Are you so happy to be posting up a half naked picture of yourself up on facebook that you feel the need to tell me that it's you, in capital letters, and append a smiley face?

I'm not really against posting up half-naked pictures of yourself on facebook (insert sardonic, hearty laugh here), but I think it's much more appropriate if it's caught in the moment. Not when you're posing in front of the mirror, hands through your hair, breasts squished together, blowing a kiss at the camera. To me, that just reads needy, attention-seeking, and pathetic.

I don't know, maybe I'm being too critical, but the sight of things like this makes me cringe. I had to physically stop my fingers from typing, "Take that down. You look like a slut."

No comments:

Post a Comment