Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Olfactory Disgust.

You know how some people have certain smells? My brain memorizes them, like you wouldn't believe. Every single smell reminds me of something: an event, a season, an action, an ~era, a person, something, anything. Usually, it's smells of people, but what my brain has taken a liking to, and I can't get it to stop doing, is memorizing the smell of people's breaths. The other day, I used our house phone for the first time in ages, and the speaker smelled like my grandfather's breath. Today, my aunt returned a shirt she borrowed, it smelled exactly like her... and her breath.


I know; that's the most disgusting thing in the world. Exacerbating this is myabhorrence for the smell of anyone's breath: minty fresh or fish gross, Idon't want to smell it. I just don't, so get your mouth away from my nose when you open it. And you know those people whose breath just permeates the air when they speak? It's not a particularly horrid smell, it's just so thick, and it's everywhere. I try to breath through my mouth, but then I just feel like I'm tasting it. I alternate with my nose, and that doesn't make it any better. It brings me to the brink of gagging.

No comments:

Post a Comment