Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Nowhere Else to Go.

I have so many thoughts jumping around in my head, but I can't write them down. None of them are particularly insightful or eloquent, they're simply things I would like jotted down. I feel like I don't have the time, although I've been at my laptop for the past two hours and will be for another hour, but there's just so much on my mind, it's all a-clutter.

In short, I love Rome. I honestly didn't think I'd love that city as much as I did. It's breathtaking, the people, the atmosphere, the food, the places. It's like a not-so-homey city – the people I encounter on a daily basis, come and go, I live in the vicinity they call a “vacation”, it's definitely not urban, but then everyone's so lovely and everything is so close. Everything about it. The mystery, the darkness, the grandeur of Colosseo, the enchanting little cafe’s, the cobblestone streets, its almost as if your in the presence of something truly…historical? Magical. And my words are failing me. But the life I lived there for less than two years is the life I want to live for the rest of my life. Ive been to 23 countries (and counting) in my 19 years on Planet Earth, its astounding the diverse cultures, history, traditions, customs and languages you come across. The people you meet. The minute, yet vast impact they make on your life. To be honest, I complain a lot but I would not change my life for anything. I just happen to be another fortunate ungrateful being but, hey. We’re all allowed our monthly rant quota. :)

I didn’t fall in love with Sydney when I saw it the way I did with Rome, I just might be rethinking my life plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment